Tips to Help You Get Through the Rest of the Year [EP:071]
There are only six more weeks left in the year! And yet the idea of getting through the rest of 2020 can seem really overwhelming. Things are constantly changing and it makes it extremely difficult because of the mental, emotional, and spiritual fatigue that comes every time we have to change plans.
In this episode, Jen gives you 5 tips to help you get through the rest of the year.
- Take it One Week at a Time. Things are rapidly changing. When you make plans weeks and months ahead of time and need to change them it adds to the overwhelm. Taking it a week at a time makes it easier when you need to shift.
- Do What's Easiest. We've had a year of "hard," and so have your people. Complexity complicates things and adds to the overwhelm. One of the best things you can do for yourself and your people is to do what is easiest!
- Give Yourself and Others Plenty of Grace. The. mental, emotional, and spiritual fatigue is real for you...and for everyone else. Grace upon grace upon grace. Receive it. Give it.
- Care for Yourself. This can seem counterintuitive because you have people with needs and problems in your communities. How can you stop serving them and care for yourself? There's the thing. If you don't care for yourself, the mental, spiritual, and emotionally fatigue will grind you down and put your leadership at risk in the months and years to come.
- Remember: This...Will...End. We will face some of the same challenges as the new year unfolds. And yes, some things have even permanently changed in ministry because of COVID. But the multi-faceted chaos of the coronavirus and the grand disruption it has caused will end. I promise!
In December the name of the podcast will be changing. I am going ALL IN as I serve women in ministry and to help them find our community, the podcast is being renamed to the Women in Ministry United Podcast! You'll see a different name, artwork, and intro but you'll be received the same great content.
If you have areas you'd like to talk about in upcoming episodes, you can email me directly at [email protected]